Are you looking for an opportunity to share Christ with God's people in NYC? Do you enjoy being in nature and want to use a natural setting as a way to present the Gospel?
Camp Deerpark is seeking to hire an Executive Director to lead the talented team of folks who care for the place that New Yorkers call home.
A ministry of the New York City Mennonite Churches, Camp Deerpark is a community of Christ where children, youth, and families from all cultures are welcomed to fellowship together in the serenity of God’s creation.
- Full-time position
- Salary & benefits
- Live on grounds
- General leadership of camp ministry
- March - June: accepting resumes
- July - August: board interviews
- September: hire new executive director
- January, 2024 new director moves to camp
- April, 2024: Ken and Deborah leave camp
Note: the above timeline is flexible depending on the needs of the new director.
- Must love God above all
- A passion for God’s people in New York City
- Commitment to the work of the local church in the NY metropolitan area
- Commitment to camping and retreating ministry
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Cross-cultural experience and competency
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred
Great things about working at Camp Deerpark:
- Facilitate an inspirational experience for New Yorkers, creating a place where kids, youth and everyone can experience the welcome and peace of Christ and bring that back to their communities
- Be an integral part of an inter-cultural sanctuary where walls come down and true relationships are molded
- Allows for creativity with new ideas to keep shaping and growing programs that have an impact beyond the boundaries of camp.
- Opportunity to grow spiritually, professionally, and acquire new skills by working for a loving and Christian-based community
- Join an incredible community of churches and individuals who support the mission
- Grow camp from a place of strength; including new cabins, a program center, and other improvements that encourage an active and engaged community.
- An amazing staff team to work with
- Opportunity to facilitate development of emerging leaders
- Privilege of working in a peaceful environment surrounded by nature
- Help facilitate church communities welcome new believers into their fellowship
- Observe and help children and youth grow in confidence, character, and faith
Salary package $85,000 - $90,000
- Living in a newly renovated four-bedroom home
- Retirement contributions
- Continuing education opportunities
- Vacation, holidays, personal days
A full compensation and benefits package is available upon request